Friday, February 8, 2013

BabyT: 12 weeks

There hasn't been much going on so I didn't update last week. I added a couple more categories, and I'm going to start taking weekly (I hope) pictures of m'bump to see how huge I, I mean, it gets. My wonderful husband doesn't know it yet but he's going to serve as my photographer; howeva, he's currently asleep on the couch so I'll update this to add the pic later tonight.


How far along: 12 weeks (eek!!)

Fruit: Plum


Symptoms: Still no sickness. I’ve really lucked out with this so far. I’ve even been less tired lately. Although, Monday I did come home, go straight to bed, woke up at 9, ate cereal, and went back to bed until I had to get up for work the next morning. It wasn’t exhaustion though, just a really bad headache.

Weight gain: I fluctuate between about 3-5lbs gained. I've always been about a 5lb fluctuator.

Food aversions: Still nothing. Again, really lucky.

Food indulgences: Fruit is still my main daily indulgence. I pretty much give in to anything I want, which is horrible I know, but the main stay has been fruit. 

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. I did buy a maternity shirt at Target for the weekly bump pics.

Doctor appointments: Haven’t had anything for 2 and a half weeks. I knew there would be long spans of no appointments or check-ups, but I thought they'd go by pretty quick. Not the case. I do know the doppler is the best invention ever. 

Most memorable moment: Every time I get to hear your heartbeat on the doppler, it’s the best moment of my day. I’m actually kind of proud of myself because I only use it every couple of nights. The other night you gave me a good show. You were loud and proud for several minutes before you swam away. I even called your Nanna and she got to hear. She and your grandpa are convinced you’re a boy and every morning, your grandpa pats the camo onesie I used to tell him about you. Although, your cousin Reagan is telling everyone “Aunt Sandi has a baby in her belly” (thanks, Moo!) and is convinced you’re a girl and your name is Holly. No idea where she comes up with this stuff.

Most anxious moment: I’ve been okay lately. I can find you in a matter of seconds on the doppler now so no scares there. I’m ready to see you next week though.

Things purchased for baby: I bought a maternity shirt at Target today. It's so I can take weekly-ish pictures to keep track of the growing bump. And the same friends who are giving us the furniture are also giving us a Pack-n-Play and high chair thingy. I’m not real sure what the high chair thing is but he said it was really useful so we’ll figure it out together. We’ve got this. Oh, and your dad can’t keep his trap shut so he’s been telling everyone he works with about you and one of the guys has a lot of baby stuff he wants to give you.

Milestones: We're 12 weeks today!! Some consider that the start of the 2nd trimester. My math brain is going by the whole 40 ÷ 3 = 13.333 so 13w3d is the first day of 2nd Tri, but this is still a major milestone. Not only does it mean your chances of sticking around for the long haul are significantly increased, but I also get to stop the nasty progesterone suppositories!! Ok, obviously the whole supp thing takes a back seat to your chances of being here for the next 28 weeks, but those things are seriously gross.

Next appointment: I finally have an answer for this! My first MFM appointment is Wednesday, 2/13. We’ll be getting the NT scan and 1st Tri screening blood work, and I’ll ask about getting the MaterniT21 test. They weren’t going to schedule this until I was 13w3d but that was just way too close for comfort for me since if you’re too big, they can’t get the right readings, so they moved it to 12w5d after some gentle negotiating from your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment