Thursday, April 4, 2013

BabyT: 20 Weeks

I was called out by Aunt Kelli for not posting lately. I didn't realize it had been 4 weeks! Ooops. A lot has happened in the last few weeks. First and foremost...

 
We are Team Blue and so excited that Baby Levi is doing great!!
 
We both felt we were having a boy and as you can see in our picture, we both inadvertently wore blue on the day of the Anatomy Scan. It was such a special moment. Tech Amanda quickly found the money shot and there was no question about it. I started crying, Jason even teared up.
 
The scan went well and everything looked normal except one small thing. The nurse said she thought I *might* have a slight placental previa, basically where the placenta covers the cervix. She did an internal and still couldn't really tell if it was over the cervix or just to the side of it. When the doc came in, he said he thinks it's to the side, especially since I haven't had any bleeding or spotting. He also said he wanted to see me again in 10 weeks to check out the heart in more detail just because I have pretty severe heart disease in my family, but the ticker looked great so far.
 
Afterwards, we went to the party store and filled some balloons with blue and "It's a Boy" confetti for the grandparents to pop. We drove 90 minutes and met my dad at my mom's work and made her pop the balloon. She hates balloons and screamed the whole time but it was fun. Then we drove an hour down to Jason's parents' house and did the same thing. His mom isn't a fan of her floor being dirty so Jason got a kick out of all the little bits of confetti that went everywhere. Everybody was so excited and of course I filmed the whole thing.
 
Onto the usual stuff...
 
How far along: 20 weeks (as of 4/5/13) - Half-baked!!!
 
Fruit:
 
 

 
 
Symptoms: Still nothing major or consistent.
 
Last week, I had an episode in T/BRU. We had eaten lunch and went to get Jason's niece a birthday present. We got her a Carebear and walked over to the baby area, just to get him familiar with some of the things we neeeeeed. I was getting a few cramps that had me stopping and leaning on aisle displays or furniture. After that, I started feeling off, a little nauseaus and dizzy and HOT.
 
As he was looking at LeapFrog games for his niece, I was leaning on a bin of DVDs and asked him if we could just get a gift card and leave, which is totally not like me because I love buying gifts for family. We started walking to the front of the store and I kept getting dizzier and more nauseated so I told him I needed a bathroom. Jason walked ahead to look for one, and I remember looking around and not being able to process anything, like I wasn't cognizant enough to even look for a sign that says Restrooms.
 
I finally called to Jason and told him I needed help, that I couldn't walk on my own. He helped me and we managed to get to the front of the store before I told him I had to sit down. I remember he basically had to hold my weight as I knelt on the ground. I had to keep my eyes closed because I couldn't see straight and I asked Jason to get me a trashcan, which he did. I remember thinking it felt like all the blood was gone from my face and later Jason told me I was very pale. I stayed on the floor for several minutes until it started to pass. I told Jason to feel the back of my neck and it was drenched with sweat. Yummy. When I finally was able to open my eyes and look around, I looked up and the first thing I saw was a huge "Restrooms -->" sign. I started laughing.
 
We got up, checked out, and called my OB. The on-call nurse told me to go to the ER but instead we came home and found the heartbeat, loud and strong, so we felt like a trip to the ER was overkill. Jason made me stay couch-bound the rest of the weekend, so we ended up missing his niece's bday party, which was the whole reason we were at TRU in the first place. He got a little crazy with the restrictions and one time when I purposely didn't take my phone with me to the bathroom, he came in and slid it under the door. He said I better be glad he's not making me wear a life alert. I love him. :)
 
Weight gain: Probably way too much. I was up +4 at my last appointment, which is a total of +5 according to the doc. I've stayed pretty steady since then but I think it's more like +10 from the very beginning. I feel huge and get out of breath all the time.
 
Food aversions: None.

Food cravings: I get minor cravings, like last week I was on a gummy kick, but still nothing major.

Maternity Clothes: I spent some time and money in Motherhood Maternity a couple weeks ago, and I'm waiting on shipments from Old Navy and Gap since they had some pretty good sales this week. I've still got 2 pair of jeans that fit but everything else is pretty much maternity now.

Movement? Yep!! You scared me for a few days when I didn't feel anything but you've been much more accomodating lately so I appreciate that. I can't wait until your pops can feel your kicks.

Doctor appointments: Nothing since the A/S.

Most memorable moment: In the past 4 weeks, seeing you again and finding out your our baby boy. Getting to tell your Nonnie and Pop Pop that they've got their first grandson on the way was fun too. Oh, and making your Nanny pop a balloon, which she is deathly afraid of, to find out what you are...that was awwwwesome!

Things purchased for baby: We finally got our furniture from Jody and Sam and we bought a changing table for $20 this week. I'm going to try my hand at antiquing it so if you don't have a changing table when you get here, something went wrong. I also scored a musical activity table - regular $45 but with price match and two coupons, I got it for $1.49. Aaaand thank you.

Milestones: Tomorrow I'll be half baked!!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going by but I still have a near-daily panic attack from the realization that in just a few short months, I'll be solely (well, with your dad) responsible for another human and my life will never ever be the same. That's a little intimidating.

Next Appointment: I go back to the OB in a couple weeks and will go back to the MFM on 5/28 to check the heart. Your Nanny and Grandpa will be coming with me to see you on that visit. Nanny is super excited! Grandpa doesn't know he's getting to go so we're surprising him.

No comments:

Post a Comment