Saturday, July 27, 2013

BabyT: 36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks (7/26/13)
Fruit: Honeydew


Symptoms: Achy joints at night. Heartburn is still hanging in there. My belly is starting to feel super heavy and hurt when I walk around too long.
Weight Gain: A few lbs shy of 30. I don't really care at this point though. It's more than I wanted to gain, but because of my history, I honestly thought I was going to blow up like a balloon so I'm actually pleased.
Food cravings/aversions: Nothing really.
Movement: Less kicking, more rolling. He's getting cramped.
Labor signs: Nothing yet.
Nursery status: I have a feeling this is going to be a last-minute finish type thing. We've worked in it a little this weekend and I hope to have everything completely done in the next week or so.
Rings On/Off: Band on my pinky.
Doctor appointments: I saw Dr. T's NP on Wednesday. Holy ball of chat. That woman did not hush the entire time she was in the room. I did the GBS test so I should get those results this week. She also did a cervical check and my cervix is closed and high so Levi's hanging tight for now. Originally, I was going to decline all cervical checks and I may still until closer to my due date, but I actually like knowing my progress. It doesn't really tell you anything - I could be closed and 0% effaced and go into labor the next day or I could walk around for weeks at 3-4cm. We'll see what I decide.
Most memorable moment: Not really baby-related, but we took my parents out to eat for my mom's bday. It was nice to just spend some time with them without it being at a shower, which is the only time I've seen them lately.
Most anxious moment: I'm not a patient person so waiting for the GBS results isn't very fun. Other than that, nothing noteworthy that I can recall.
Things purchased for baby: We bought the supplies to make the bookshelves. We decided to nix the rain gutter idea and make some wall shelves that can hold book and other nicknacks. I'm excited.
Milestones: None really this week. We're in the 20s on days remaining. A little scary.
Next appointment: Endo on Monday and Dr. T on Wednesday.
Looking forward to: I'm seriously ready for that massage. From last week to this week, my body has just gotten tired so I'm hoping a little relaxation will loosen some of the tightness in my muscles. My parents are also coming up next weekend to help me cook some meals to freeze. That'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment