Tuesday, January 15, 2013

BabyT: 8 weeks

Has anyone seen my energy? I’ve seemed to have lost it. It’s kind of sad that I’ve been too exhausted to use my big brain long enough to write a new post. In fact, I’m only doing this now so I don’t fall asleep at my desk.

How far along:  8 weeks (1/12/2013)

Symptoms:  Did I mention I was tired? Pretty much in a constant state of exhaustion. It probably wouldn’t be as bad if I actually got some decent sleep, but that seems like an impossible task. I guess you’re preparing me for when you make your debut. My boobs are still sore and the past few days I’ve had an ever-so-slight queasiness throughout most of the day. I *think* I may be getting a cold. Really hope it’s not the flu.

Food aversions:  None.

Food indulgences:  None really. I don’t think I can blame my normal Panda Express addiction on you. Mmm Sweetfire Chicken.

Doctor appointments:  Zero! Zilch! None! How am I expected to go weeks at a time without seeing you or hearing your hb?? This is cruel. I’ve already told your pops that I’ll be investing in a doppler so I can put my mind at ease during those long periods of nothing.

Most memorable moments:  Nothing really.

Most anxious moment:  I’m anxious a lot. Kind of all the time. But I’ve been trying to remember what the Bible says about worry and anxiety. “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:6-7 

Needless to say, God has been hearing from me a lot. It’s honestly all that is keeping me sane, the peace of knowing God’s heard my prayers for you.

Things purchased for baby:  A huge 60-count of progesterone! Usually, the Rx is only for a 20-count. It was so exciting because this means Dr. V is giving me enough to carry me through until 12 weeks, which is when I’ll likely stop them. Also, not really a purchase but our good friends are giving us a crib, dresser, and nightstand! Hooray for free!!! Well, we’re taking them out on a date, but still, you’ve got some swag, kiddo!

Milestones:  Nothing huge.

Next appointment:  Friday – only a couple more days. I can make it! If all goes well, I’ll be released to my OB, who I have an appt with on Monday. I’m anxious to meet the person who’s going to help bring you into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment