Saturday, January 19, 2013

BabyT: 9 weeks


How far along:  9 weeks 

Symptoms:  More of the same and not a lot of anything. No m/s, just a little queasiness if I get too hungry.

Food aversions:  None. 

Food indulgences:  None. I do get random cravings but I think it's more my love of junk food than pregnancy. 

Doctors appointments:  We had our last appointment with Dr. V yesterday! It was such a relief to see you up on the screen "doing a chicken dance" in the words of your pops. You measured perfectly - 8w6d - and had a great heart rate of 174bpm. We even got a little recording of your heartbeat to show all the grandparents. Your dad said seeing you moving around somehow made it all real for him. He's such a sap. ;) 

Most memorable moment:  Obviously, seeing you again, moving and wiggling and having a grand ol' time in momma's belly. I'll never get tired of that. 

Most anxious moment:  Waiting for the doc to come in yesterday. Your dad was late and they called me back really quick so I thought he was going to miss it. Luckily, he made it but then the doc kept us waiting for 30 minutes. I was a nervous wreck that entire time. Sweating, upset tummy, it was not pretty. 

Things purchased for baby:  A JJ Cole diaper bag I got for 50% off, thanks to my friend KristyKay. It's purty. I have no idea what I'll need in a diaper bag, and I have a feeling it's one of those "learn as you go" type things so it may end up being great or I may hate it, but for $50, I couldn't pass it up. Your dad likes to call your mom frugal. I like the term financially conscientious. I also bought a doppler so I can hear your heartbeat anytime I want. This is what's going to help keep your mommy sane for the next 31 or so weeks!


JJ Cole Norah Diaper Bag

Milestones: Hearing your hb, seeing your growth, watching you dance, and being released from the RE. It was a big week! Oh and based on Dr. V's calculations, you're due on your great grandmother's birthday - August 23.

Next appointment: I go Monday for my first OB appointment. I doubt it'll be much more than peeing in a cup and having some blood work done. I heard some great things about her from your Auntie Kelli and one of the nurse's at the clinic who used to work for her so I have a good feeling about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment