Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CD2: Here we go again

Well, that was fast. I stopped my progesterone on Friday and started my cycle in 4 days. Usually, it takes a week or more so I’m hoping that’s a good sign and maybe I don’t have cysts. The only time I’ve ever started so quickly after stopping supps/bcps/Provera, I was cyst-free, but I’m feeling those all too familiar twinges telling me I probably have some unwanted visitors in my ovaries.

If I do have to sit out another month, and let’s be honest, there’s a 99% chance of that happening, I do have some things on the agenda to keep me busy for those 3 weeks. First thing, Jason and I are going back to eating healthy in hopes to lose some weight. We did so well before. I mean, he lost over 65lbs and I lost over 30. That’s nothing to sneeze at. We just have to keep it up this time and can’t go back to eating junk.

Next, I’m getting back into running and working out. I love working out. It makes me feel better and healthier and stronger. It’s just so hard to get into a rhythm when you’re under doctor’s orders not to get your heart rate over 140 and no free weights or twisting or ab work during the 2ww, basically eliminating every activity except walking.

Last thing, which will involuntarily help with the diet and hurt with the working out, I’ll be having my gall bladder removed. It’s not ejecting the bile as quickly as it should – why does everything in my body work in slow motion? – so my doc and surgeon both recommended removal.

I reeeaaaalllly don’t want to have it removed, mainly for selfish reasons. I’m from Louisiana. We eat spicy foods. We eat fatty foods. No gallbladder means those things go out the window. I want to eat healthier so the fatty foods aren’t that big of a deal, but I don’t want to never be able to enjoy one of my grandma’s meals again. I don’t feel bad now, no symptoms besides mild heartburn and the occasional tummy ache, so I don’t want to have this surgery and feel worse than I do now, which I no doubt will. Bah. Boo surgery.

So if (when) I get the news today that my ovaries are full of giant bags of fluid, I’ll at least have some things to keep my mind less focused on the fact that I’m wasting yet another month and it’ll be just that much longer before we reach our goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment