Sunday, July 29, 2012

Have I mentioned how much I love my RE?

Because I do. A lot.

Long story short: I get to cycle this month!!

Recap: I got the news on CD2 that Dr. V was benching me until I followed-up with my PCP for the chest pain I experienced as few nights prior.

I was super bummed the rest of the day, but by the next day, I was out of my funk (I swear this process is making me bi-polar) and resigned to sitting out this cycle. I had an appt scheduled for Friday with my PCP per Dr. V's orders, and I got my gallbladder surgery set up for the following Friday. I even called to sign up for a 4-week bootcamp class but realized mid-convo that starting a new workout regime 4 days before surgery probably wasn't the best idea. Regardless, I was on the ball and moving along.

On CD4 (Friday), I went to see my PCP. He didn't seem too concerned with my symptoms, thought it could be gallbladder-related, but ran an EKG and took a couple x-rays anyway. Scans were good, EKG looked "tremendous," and the cute x-ray tech said I had very long lungs (aww, shucks) and was impressed by how quickly I was able to put my bra back on. Mad skillz.

PCP then called Dr. V's office to relay the information and give me the all-clear. He did say he'd recommend getting the gallbladder issue resolved before anything else.

The nurse he spoke to called me right after. For whatever reason, this nurse and I don't see eye-to-eye on much. I've already told and gotten approval from Dr. V that I wouldn't have the gallbladder surgery until I had a break cycle or until my symptoms got worse or more frequent. He was fine with that, especially since my only symptom is minor heartburn. You may be thinking, "Sandi, you had chest pain, that's kind of a big deal." I'm the most paranoid person in the world so, ordinarily, I would agree, but this was so minor and could have been anything, I'm just not all that concerned. This nurse couldn't seem to understand why I wouldn't want to have the surgery now when all I really need is Prevacid. After going back and forth for a while, she finally agreed to call Dr. V and ask him if I could start my meds a day later on CD4 instead of CD3.

He agreed!! Soooo I started my Menopur last night and will go back Tuesday for a follie scan. I'm not sure if he agreed because he thinks I'm really in the clear or if he agreed just to get me off their backs. I'll take it either way.

I truly feel like the worst patient ever. It's not my intention to be irritating or challenge them at every turn. I just feel like none of the people at my clinic know what this is like so they have no idea how stressful/frustrating/heartbreaking it all is. I honestly think I know more about many aspects of this than they do. It's their jobs, but this is my life. I live it and walk it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment