Sunday, July 1, 2012

Miss me?

Apparently, I'm one of those 3-posts-a-year type bloggers. I'll try to do better because I know everyone's on pins and needles waiting for my updates.

I wish I could say I haven't posted because we got pregnant and I was waiting to share it with the world. Truth is, we did get pregnant, but like the 2 times before, it ended just as quickly as it began. I went from jumping up and down with the pups with a pee stick in my hand (shut it) to crying in the shower wondering what is wrong with me. Pathetic, I know. I hate chemical pregnancies. I'll never be able to be excited at the beginning of a pregnancy for fear it'll end just like all the others. Just one more thing IF has taken from me.

We did get some good news in light of the bad. Since that was our 3rd chemical, Dr. V (my RE) ordered karyotype testing done on both of us. Turns out, we're both completely normal! No major genetic concerns, which could have been the cause of our losses, so that's a huge relief.

Right now we're in the middle of another treatment cycle. It's been a rough go, seems like a lot is stacked against us, but we're still rolling. The baseline u/s showed a cyst on each ovary, and my E2 (estrogen) was 69. Usually, Dr. V likes it to be below 60, but he decided to let me continue this month so I didn't have to sit out again. Bullet #1: Dodged. A few days later, I had a consult with a general surgeon to discuss test results from my gallbladder scan. He recommended surgery for removal sooner rather than later, which meant cancelling the cycle. After talking with Dr. V, we decided since I'm not having any symptoms, we could continue and see how this cycle plays out. Bullet #2: Dodged. If I do get pregnant and I start to develop symptoms, I can still have the surgery, but if I remain symptom-free, I'll try to put it off until after delivery. If I don't get pregnant, I'll probably have cysts and have to sit out a month anyway so I'll get the surgery during that time.

So that's where we are right now. I'm on CD8 of an injects only cycle. We eliminated the Clomid and my lining yesterday was already better than it ever has been in the past. I did Menopur and Ganirelix injections tonight - Menopur to help stimulate the follicles and Gani to suppress my LH surge. I'm a pro with the Menopur now, but this was the first time I'd ever done Gani. The needle was so dull, it took 3 stabs before I got it in. Then it burned and itched like a mother for about 30 minutes. So yeh, not looking forward to 2 more nights of those. Eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment