Tuesday, November 13, 2012

8dpo: Mixed Emotions

I haz em.

I'm so torn right now. I find myself wishing this 2ww was already over and I could know my beta...but then I freak out and say I never want to know because if it's negative, I just don't want to face that again. It's Schrödinger’s cat....IF style.

I'm still debating on when/if I'll test at home. Every time I've sat in that dreaded chair for my betas, I already knew the answer. It's such a depressing action. Sitting there, knowing it didn't work, but sitting there nonetheless.

I guess the main question is, would I rather know the results and deal with them at home with my husband to hold me while I break down or find out bad news over the phone at work where I’ll inevitably have to go to my boss sobbing and try to coherently ask for the rest of the day off? I seem super optimistic, huh?

For whatever reason, even though I’ve always tested in the past and have known it was going to be bad news, getting that call wrecks me. Every time. But I can’t imagine actually not knowing and getting that call. Would it be worse? Could it be worse?

Who am I kidding? I’ll test. Maybe not until Sunday. Saturday at the earliest. Not Friday. Friday’s too early, Sandi.

It doesn’t help that Jason is gone all this week for business. As if this week wasn’t going to drag on enough, now I don’t even have a husband at the house to distract me.

By this time next week I’ll know one way or the other. I wish it would hurry and get here…but not really.

2 comments:

  1. I've been lurking reading your blog for a while...just wanted to let you know I could have written this post! :D

    I'm waiting for my beta Monday, with my Hubby out of town till Friday for work, and then gone again Sunday night :/ Trying to distract myself from the large pack of HPTs in the bathroom, because I know I want him here if it's not positive news...UGH! Is it Friday yet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How crazy! Mine got back a day early so I tested this morning. Nada. I hope you get good news whenever you decide to test. Keep me posted!

      Delete