Thursday, November 29, 2012

Follicles for everyone!

Anyone need spare follicles? Because I haz em.

Today’s CD10 monitoring showed that I still have an unsettling amount. If this was an IVF cycle, it’d be great. Not so much for IUI. We were hoping a few would jump out as front-runners but, as of now, it seems like there are just way too many to safely continue (my unprofessional opinion).

My largest was still only 16.5 and there were a couple 14-15s, so there’s still time for those to beef up, but trailing right behind were several 10-11s so I’m not sure what’s going to happen.

My nurse did mention Ganirelix (::cry::) so maybe they’ll try to slow things down a bit and give the larger ones time to sprout.

I’d love 3 nice follicles. Every month we only have 1 large enough to stand a chance. If we could get 3, that’s 3x’s more of a chance and if I do have egg quality issues (which I figure I do but can’t confirm without doing IVF), the chance of all 3 being bad is less than the chance of just 1 being bad.

Great, now I’m starting to get unreasonably hopeful.

Just waiting for the call on what our next steps will be. I don’t think they’ll cancel me today, but if things keep progressing evenly like this, I don’t see them allowing me to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment