Monday, November 19, 2012

Waiting for the call

It’s D-day. The vamps have taken my blood and now I’m just waiting for the call with the sad, sympathetic tone on the other end as the nurse tells me it’s negative.

I’ve actually never gotten that call right off the bat. I’ve always gotten the “it’s positive but it’s very low. Keep doing your progesterone and come back in 2 days” call. 


At least this way it’s over quickly. Rip off that bandaid or that gawdawful tape they use and move it along.


***********************************

It’s 2:30pm and they just called. As we already knew, it was negative. I shed all my tears a few days ago so I’m okay.

Onward to the next cycle.

I’ve been having sharp pains in my lower abdomen for the past couple days so I’m hoping my cysts haven’t returned. I haven’t taken my progesterone since Saturday night (what was the point?) so I’m hoping CD1 comes soon. If not, probably looking at cysts. Who doesn’t love being on their period during Thanksgiving??

One thing I'm absolutely changing about next cycle...no testing until 12-13dpo. Testing early is just not working out for me. I get upset every time I see a negative and I still stress and obsess over whether or not it was too early and if tomorrow’s test will be positive. It’s a waste of energy and I’m done with it.

Side Note: While we were at Westminster Abbey, I lit a candle and prayed for God to bless us with a child. I’m not Catholic, it’s not really Baptists’ thing, but I’ve always loved the symbolism in that action. In that moment, standing in that Abbey that has seen so much history, I felt peace and a true connection to Our Creator. It was a special time of pause for me. Even though it didn’t work out this cycle, I know God will answer our prayers and provide us with a child. Maybe not a biological child, but a child He’s chosen for us, and a child for which we were chosen.

2 comments:

  1. I lit candles in every church I entered when in Europe last year. I like to not think of it as... my prayers weren't being answered, but more of a... gosh there were a lot of candles lit before mine :)

    ReplyDelete