Sunday, November 4, 2012

CD9: Moving right along

This cycle is moving a lot faster than my other cycles, and even they were fast by normal standards.

I went in yesterday for CD8 u/s and b/w. Waited for OVER 2 HOURS!! Definitely not how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning. I kept trying to tell myself that my clinic is under-staffed, Stephanie was gone so only Dr. V was there to do IUIs (which is what everyone besides me was there for), and those are much more time-sensitive than my measly monitoring appointment. But still. An over 2 hour wait for a literally 5 minute scan was absurd.

He just checked my lining (8.6...meh) and went straight for the big guy. Didn't even bother measuring the smaller ones. There was a 21x17 (19mm) on the left so I was ready to go.

He instructed me how I should do the Lupron trigger. With hCG it's just one shot about 36 hours before the IUI. With Lupron, you do 0.8cc 36 hours before IUI, then another 0.8cc 12 hours later. Since time was changing for DST, it was an adventure trying to figure out when I'd need to do the shots.

Luckily, when I got home, my Lupron was waiting for me at the front door. Being the middle man between the clinic and the specialty pharmacy this week was a bit of a nightmare. But I got it so that's all that matters.

Except the Lupron only comes with 0.5cc syringes. And I needed 0.8cc. So that means 2 shots each time. How about no. Remedy: Used leftover Menopur syringes that were 1.0cc. I'm such a problem solver.

Lupron is officially #2 on my "Shots that are mean" list. Similar to Ganirelix in that it turned red and itched for about 30 minutes after but it didn't burn going in so Gani is still the biggest meanie head in Infertility Land.

Typically, shots in our household go like this. I get everything prepped and ready on the kitchen counter, then while I'm doing my shot, Jason will grab a napkin so I can wipe any blood away. When I'm done and cleaning up my bobo, he'll put the needles in the sharps container and throw all the packaging and remnants away.

Well, after he had cleaned up after last night's shot, I noticed the vial of Lupron was gone. The vial I needed for the next shot in 12 hours. So I asked him where it was. Yeh, he'd thrown it away. In the trash. Right next to the over-ripened bananas. I love that man.

IUI #4 (ugh) is tomorrow morning at 8:30. I'm really hoping one of the many changes we've made this cycle will do the trick. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment