Friday, November 16, 2012

Apologies

I need to apologize. I lied to you. Don't feel too bad, I lied to myself too. I said I'd hold out until at least Saturday. But I didn't. I tested early. Truth is, I'm an addict and needed my fix.

I'm sorry!!

Joke's on me though because it was negative.

Sure, I'm only 11dpo and things could change, but I'm a realist and I know better. That's one of my pet peeves with support communities. Sometimes, they just say what you want to hear. I'm sure some people like that, but I'd take honesty over a smoke-filled skirt any day.

I wrote this huge, long, angry, tearful post that I'm just not sure I'm ready to share yet. So stay tuned for that awesomeness.

For now, I'm going to try to enjoy my weekend with Jason. We're scheduled for a long chat to see where we want to go from here. Why does this have to be so hard?


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having to have 'the talk.' Its definitely not any talk any of us imagined having.

    I'm more of a realist, too. I don't like to be coddled, I like to know what the reality is. If I get surprised, AWESOME..if not, my head is prepared to handle it. I think a lot of people like to hang on to any last hope possible. I feel more hurt when I feel myself doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. When I try to hold on to that last sliver of hope, I feel even worse than if I just prepare for what's most likely to come.

      Delete
  2. i've been googling obsessively about using the lupron trigger for IUI. my clinic does this - i'm in my 2ww. did you not start supplementing with estrogen patches, progesterone, estrace, etc after the IUI? i think the day after the IUI i started using vivelle patches and taking estrace...then a couple days later i added the progesterone and now i'm taking endometrin suppositories. is this crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I'm not very familiar with Lupron side effects and preventative measures other than starting progesterone supps early. My lining was decent so I didn't need estrace (which I've had to take in the past) so all I did was start my progesterone suppositories on 3dpo. What were you using to stim? Clomid, injects? What was your lining?

    I've heard of ladies using everything you've listed above so I don't think it's overkill. It may just be your RE prefers that protocol and has had success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used injectibles - Menopur and Bravelle. My lining was good. The reason I asked - my understanding of Lupron as trigger is that it makes you ovulate and then shuts down your ovaries (and therefore estrogen/progesterone). I started estrogen the day after IUI and added progesterone a couple days after. It's so hard to find people who use Lupron as trigger for an IUI. I know it's common for IVF, though.

    ReplyDelete