Monday, November 5, 2012

CD10 / O Day: IUI #4

IUI #4 is done. These wait times are getting really ridiculous. Jason got done with his part around 8:45 and they told us to be back by 9:30, which we were, but the IUI didn’t happen until 11! I was freaking out a bit on the inside.

The sample was great, as usual. 84 million post-wash. I let the new nurse who’s training do the IUI. She’s nice and seems really smart so I figured she’s gotta learn somehow. Why not on a pro like me?! She’s also big belly pregnant which isn’t the easiest thing to see when you’re a hormonal mess, but preggos are everywhere. Wudayagunado?

She did a good job but she went a little too far and hit the back of my uterus with the catheter. Cramp city. Even now, after 5 hours. Ouch. Could be worse though.

As I was laying tilted back on the table after it was all over, my wonderful partner in life decides to set the mood with some romantic "conception" music. Next thing I know, I hear “I just had sex and it felt so good. A woman let me put my penis inside of her.” A modern-day Casanova, I tell ya. But come on, what girl doesn’t love The Lonely Island??

Good thing I’m such a research freak because they were going to have me come back in 7 days for a P4 check like normal, but I’ve read with Lupron you want to supplement your progesterone early so I asked about coming in early and she said “Oh, that’s right! Good thing you asked!” Educate yourselves, people.

Looks like beta will be on 11/19, the Monday before Thanksgiving. Should make for a great or horrible holiday. I’ve only got 1 pee stick in the house and I’m going to try to hold out until the morning of beta. At least I’ll know if I do happen to see a 2nd line, it’s definitely not the trigger. This will be the first time I've ever not peed on things like a mad woman. I'm actually getting anxious just thinking about not testing. Off to my POAS Anonymous meeting!

2 comments: